Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: rename mapping category
rename mapping category
Feb 22 2008, 5:03 am
By: Forsaken Archer  

Feb 22 2008, 5:03 am Forsaken Archer Post #1



Mapping is the name of the category that holds the database, reviews, and tutorials...
Back when I first started SeNv5, that's all SEN did at that time...
However many years later (omfg it's been forever), that's no longer true...
So what do I rename that category?
Top suggestions:
Creatose (Moose)
SeN Ware (Matt)
Features (Moose)
Purpose (Me)

Got any?



None.

Feb 22 2008, 5:35 am Moose Post #2

Armor: 90.50%

Quote from isolatedpurity
Creatose (Moose)
For those wondering, creatose is not a serious suggestion...
Quote
[23:52:07] isolatedpurity: Purpose + Creativity =
[23:52:23] Moose: Creatose
[23:52:29] Moose: Features?
[23:54:12] Moose: If you use Creatose long enough
[23:54:15] Moose: Anything will sound good
[23:57:52] isolatedpurity: is creatose a real word? ;o
[23:58:03] Moose: Hell no :P





Feb 22 2008, 7:29 am ejac1337 Post #3



Quote from isolatedpurity
Creatose (Moose)
SeN Ware (Matt)
Features (Moose)
Purpose (Me)
Got any?

Don't have any but those ones apart from Creatose suck I personaly believe.
I don't see whats wrong with 'Mapping' even though the term may be a little misleading (not really)...



None.

Feb 22 2008, 7:55 am Echo Post #4



Creatose seems intriguing.



None.

Feb 22 2008, 9:45 am ejac1337 Post #5



How do you pronounce creatose anyway? I know it's spelled like tose, but I pronounce it in my head like toose. Comments?



None.

Feb 22 2008, 9:52 am Forsaken Archer Post #6



crat - oh - see? that's how i'm pronouncing it in my head ;o



None.

Feb 22 2008, 11:28 am pneumatic Post #7



Resources
Content
Core Content



None.

Feb 22 2008, 11:59 am Forsaken Archer Post #8



all very excellent suggestions razorsnail :)



None.

Feb 22 2008, 2:06 pm Symmetry Post #9

(Killer_Kow)

Eliminate mapping completely from the site and label it "modding" >>



:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Feb 22 2008, 3:04 pm InsolubleFluff Post #10



horrible suggestion KK :)

I pronounce creatose as create-ose not how it's spelled at all xD
Sen Ware is too... lame?
Features is okay I guess, better then the previous two.
Purpose doesn't seem right according to the english language, "Purpose" well what's purposing what? I hope that makes as much sense to you as it did to me ;)

I like Resources or Content however Core Content isn't that great.

I can't really think of any other suggestions, I like Resources and Content too much, maybe something simple like Main or Functions would work but I still prefer Resources and Content.



None.

Feb 22 2008, 3:35 pm Moose Post #11

Armor: 90.50%

We can just call it "StarCraft". ;o




Feb 22 2008, 5:45 pm FatalException Post #12



Quote from Mini Moose 2707
We can just call it "StarCraft". ;o
/Votes Starcraft and Resources for double lynch final round



None.

Feb 22 2008, 11:16 pm Symmetry Post #13

(Killer_Kow)

How about "StarCraft Resources"?



:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Feb 23 2008, 12:52 am who Post #14



i vote for "Content". "resources" doesn't sound like a section where you would find tons of maps uploaded by tons of people imo



None.

Feb 23 2008, 2:46 am Minority Post #15



If you named it 'resources' all the new people would say things like 'How 2 get mins??? I looked in 'resources' and i couldnt find any!!1 HELP!!!'
Also, just by looking at the word 'creatose', I think I would pronounce it ['kM\i.aI.toUs]. But I speak a different dialect of English than most people here, and I do some weird things when I'm speaking. Learn a phonetic alphabet.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Feb 24 2008, 6:31 am by Minority.



None.

Feb 23 2008, 4:29 am MillenniumArmy Post #16



Why don't you just call it "Database" since afterall, those 3 sections are a compilation of various files.

and rename "database" to something like "maps"



None.

Feb 23 2008, 4:42 am Forsaken Archer Post #17



everything is technically a database as it's all run by the database... :)
I'm liking resources, content, creatose... maybe i'll make a poll ;o



None.

Feb 23 2008, 5:36 am MindArchon Post #18



I'd just go for content.



None.

Feb 23 2008, 6:54 am ejac1337 Post #19



Creatose ftw!



None.

Feb 23 2008, 3:32 pm Centreri Post #20

Relatively ancient and inactive

Creatose and SEN Ware stole my heart. It would be nice if it was SEN Ware as default and on every seventh day and full moon, it became Creatose.

Other then that, if you want to be more boring, Content and Starcraft seem good.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
[2026-9-25. : 2:22 pm]
Oh_Man -- https://youtu.be/Lfo4C0xzU04
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: lifebot